Old 03-07-12, 11:04 AM
DM5

Bikes: CAAD9-5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
As I suspected, I uploaded my ride from Sunday to Strava and on one segment, I was #393 out of 394. I'm pretty sure it's because I waited for somebody just a hair short of the top, or at least that's what I'm telling myself. I went and uploaded a ride from a month ago that covered the same territory and it wasn't that bad so maybe I'm right.

So what are the benefits of premium membership?

And what's up with people claiming to do 43 mph UP A HILL! Some of the statistics in there are laughable.

I think I might actually like the social aspect - seeing some of the other rides popping up there got me motivated to go for a spin tonight instead of working.
The segments on Strava can certainly be a bit intimidating at first (I've found myself near the bottom of some lists as well) but ride the same route a few times and then click on "My Results". For me, seeing individual progress over time has been pretty fantastic; obviously I can feel the difference but this shows quantifiable improvement.

It's also nice that there are some downhill segments in my area, I usually do much better on those

I've joined the bf group