Old 03-07-12, 06:06 PM
Push
Zeusmeatball

Bikes: 1976 Motobecane Nomade Sprint, 1988 Specialized Rockhopper comp, 1991 Schwinn Crisscross, 2009 K2 Zed 3.2, 2011 Trek X-Caliber Gary Fisher collection

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Fat guy enjoying the ride, nothing more and some pics

I have not ridden much at all this year, in fact I didn't ride a single pedal stroke until this evening (re injured my back and had some personal stuff come up that kept me off of the bikes) and something clicked in me and those short rides mean more to me than I remembered. In 2009 I started riding a bike again as a way to get out there and to keep my weight loss on a roll, a 2 mile ride back then was an accomplishment and leading into last year I was up to 20 plus mile rides and they became my main ride type. Today my wife was home from work early so I took the chance to take a ride around the lake that I live on with my daughter on the trail a bike (her first time riding it) She was very apprehensive about the ride but was game so off we went! we probably did 3 to 4 miles at a not very fast pace and I am not sure if its the long winter of a re-injured back, perhaps just the fact that it was the first time out this year or maybe it just was what it was, a nice ride with my daughter but I enjoyed this ride as much as any that I have taken in the past.

The new wheelset that I put together over the winter rolled awesome and smooth, I am putting my K2 into pavement duty so I got smoother tires (rigid fork is next) and the difference between them and the Kenda Klaw knobby deals I had on there is huge! I do need to adjust the brakes a bit as I really had to squeeze to get them to grip but that's ok, the ride was awesome.

The last shot is across the lake as the sun started setting, I think my motto for 2012 is going to be to enjoy the smaller stuff from on top of my bikes and I think shooting for a lot more of these short not so intense rides will be on the menu this year.

I really don't have a reason for this thread other than to say, enjoy the little stuff too when you're out on the bikes guys and gals because this short slow ride was just as awesome as any of my longer rides from the past.

oh! and my daughter said to me "we are going on a longer ride tomorrow right dad?" how can I say no to that?

That is all