View Single Post
Old 07-23-05, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Well, today I was out riding. It was a great day for riding, and I was clicking along, keeping my usual time and trying to beat it. All of a sudden, I feel a sharp pain on my side. I'm thinking, "what the...!!!???" and I thought at first it was nothing, so I started to descend the hill. By the time I got close to the bottom, it was hurting... bad! So I pulled over. I couldn't even make it to the bottom, the pain was bad. When I lift my shirt, I see a small knot forming- bee! Or rather, bee sting. So I try to scrape out the stinger (so I thought) with my smartcard bus card my brother gave me (I knew I'd use it for something someday!), and then I mount my bike and ride to the bottom, but by this time, I feel another pain, and it feels worse than the first. So I pull over again, frustrated, because normally, I use the first hill to prep for the second hill coming up. Well, I mean, I'm frustrated and in pain. I open my jersey (full zipper), and this time, I see 2 angry knots forming on my side, and it was painful. So I tried to scrape that one too. By this time, I'm thinking something is going wrong, because when I rezip my jersey and try to attach my fanny pack, I feel ANOTHER sting- and I open my jersey, and there's a third knot. By this time, I realized the bee stung me through my jersey, but I couldn't locate the stinger. I tried to put on my jersey, but I could feel the stinger, though it wasn't penetrating my skin. And by this time, my muscles are trembling and I knew this would be it for me for this ride. So I waited a bit, just holding my breath, because the pain is just radiating by this time, and when it's closer to 8am, I called my brother and tell him he needs to come get me because I'm stung and my muscles are trembling and I can't make it home. So he wakes everyone up and rolls out to meet me, and by this time, the knots are as big as quarters and swollen. I just don't remember such pain. My sides felt painful and numb, and when I finally got in the car, I was able to take off my jersey and examine myself, and my entire left side is red by this time. My sister-in-law gave me Benedryl, which I popped in the car, and we all went home. I ended up watching the ITT, and now, the welts have definitely gone down, but the pain is still there. My sides feel tender and it's still all red from the midsection all the way to the top of my hip, and from the front by my stomach to my back. I am also sleepy from the benedryl, but at least it's taken away the swollen parts.

I'm just waiting for the pain to go away so I can have a nap. Bleah. Stings suck!

Koffee