Old 03-10-12, 01:12 AM
IndianaShawn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like it for biking. It is not too heavy for touring but it is too heavy for backpacking. People have been packing the BA Seedhouse on the Appalachian Trail for a good while now. Its a bit lighter than the MSR Hubba. BA is a good tent and I like the vestibule area for when you are held up in the rain. I agree about not cooking under the area when in bear country or if you are ever going to use the tent in bear country if you have ever cooked with the tent. If this isn't a concern then when your held up in the rain, cooking sounds like a good past time. I also like that if your in an area with other campers or people in general, you can keep your bicycle under your nose and not have to worry about your bicycle being "out there" where you can't keep it safe. I also like having a place that I can dress or take a sponge bath if I need to in a camping area.

If you just have to go light and want a tent for both hiking and biking then I would go with the Copper Spur UL1. Very nice and light. I think this tent has become more popular than the Seedhouse on the AT?

https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/De...perspurul12012