Thread: Bowflex
View Single Post
Old 11-13-02, 11:03 PM
hakuna

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The bowflex is a great unit. I have one and so do about 6 other people around here that got one after I did. A gym with freeweights is better, but if you want a workout at home, you can't beat it. You can do a full workout with no more than 30 seconds between exercises. Being essentially a cable machine means that you use stabilizing muscles like freeweights. The constant tension of the bows means you can't cheat by using inertia and also you can't hurt yourself (as easily) with heavy resistance.

The only drawback is the cost. The middle of the line unit, the PowerPro, with the leg attachment for extensions and curls, and the Lat attachment for tricep pushdowns and lat pulldowns, is about $1500. You get one of the attachments free if you mention the TV ad....so the $1500 is with one free and shipping and stuff.

I love the thing and so do the other people around here that have tried it. It's not for hard core bodybuilding, but for the triathlete, cyclist, runner, MTBer or whoever that is using strength training as an adjunct. They will find it the perfect alternative to driving to the gym.

Gary