Old 03-11-12, 05:26 PM
Crazydad

Bikes: Yeti SB5, Canondale R500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I finally rode today!

It has been a horrible few months. Since the beginning of the year I have been on the bike 15 times for a total of 238 miles. It has been crazy at work and the weather has not been cooperating much. As a result, I have gained about 14lbs since the beginning of Dec.

The biggest challenge for me has been the weather. In Jan and Feb, I just couldn't get myself out of bed that early when the temps were in the 30's to low 40's. I know to a lot of you that is not cold, but it makes me miserable; even with my cold gear on. Being born and raised in Texas, I would much rather ride in 105F heat than below 60F. And when it hasn't been too cold, it has been raining. I am thankful for the rain though, we desperately need it.

Anyway, this morning it was in the 40's with a thunderstorm when we went to church at 9. When we got out at 12, the sun was out and it was warming up nicely (75F). My girls and I walked to the park and played for a couple of hours and after we got back I hit the road for the first time in over 2 weeks. I can tell I have lost a step, but I feel great! Now I just hope the cold is gone for good and I really need to get back into the habit of getting up early to ride so I can re-lose this 14lbs and get ready for a MTB race in April and the Shiner GASP in May.