Old 03-12-12, 08:24 AM
tony_merlino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Weekly Inspiration Network: WIN #10, March 12 - March 19

I wanted to wait until somebody else started this thread, but couldn't.

Weight as of 1/2/12 (start): 227.5
Weight as of 3/12/12: 199.5
Weight loss this week: 3 lbs.

This is the first time in well over a year that my scale hasn't shown that awful leading "2", so it's kind of a milestone. We had some good weather this week, and I got a new (old) bicycle, so I've been able to get out and exercise more, which resulted in a slightly more than predicted weight loss this week. My spreadsheets and models predicted that I would hit 200 lbs today, but it actually happened a couple of days ago because I stepped up the exercise. Still - a prediction made a month in advance that was accurate within a couple of days isn't bad.

Even though I'm below the 200 lb threshold, I still consider myself a clyde (or at least, a fat pony...) I'm still 1 1/2 lbs into the obese range of BMI for my height - I should cross that threshold this week, barring the unforeseen.

The funny thing about this program is that, from the time I started it, the amount of weight I had to lose was always "50 lbs", even as I lost weight - the target kept moving. I realized this morning that my moving target isn't moving any more - another 50 lbs would make me too skinny. I figure I have about another 40 lbs to go, which will put me comfortably in the "normal" range of BMI.