View Single Post
Old 03-13-12, 02:18 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Just thought of a new use for the Pool- but the wife doesn't like oil on the water

On the long enduros I use a 5 litre hand spray to get the muck out of the gears but on the frame it is just wipe it off with the hands. Luckily-I am in the Truck trade and manage to get some heavy duty truck wash that does dissolve muck off the trucks. Mix at about 10% and spray the bike and Hose off--Or watering can this summer- and the mud has gone. Then spray with water dispersion oil and leave for a day or so and then wipe down. Works all the time but Bearings have to be greased often and plenty of Chain oil used as the bike will be Oil free.

But even on the road bikes- Dirt and muck gets into places that cannot be cleaned with a cloth. Once a month I do wash the road bikes down to clean them and then it is polish time. People wonder why I do not like white bikes and the stupid thing is I have two of them. Perhaps it is the cleaning of them that I do not like.

Spike Milligan