Old 03-15-12, 01:23 AM
imacflyr3

Bikes: Scattante road bike, Sporterra hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know why I waited so long...

I've been riding a Schwinn hybrid for a year and doing pretty well with it. I've put nearly 1000 miles on it, plus time on the trainer. Ever since I bought it, I've been drooling over various road bikes.
Last weekend I dragged my wife and daughter up to the Chicago area to go to a couple stores we don't have here. We first went to REI and then to Performance Bikes. Well, long story short... I picked up my new road bike on Sunday afternoon from PB!!

To go along with it, I jumped in with both feet so to speak, and picked up some shoes and cleats. This is my first attempt at clipping into the bike!

The weather and work didn't cooperate over the last couple days, so I hadn't been able to try out my new ride...

...until tonight!!

I went out tonight to brave the wind to go on a shakedown ride. Less than a mile into the ride and I could not believe the difference between this and the hybrid. The wind had almost no effect on me. The rolling "hills" around home felt like nothing. It's amazing how much more power is transferred to the ground with this bike! I put in just over 13 miles and barely broke a sweat.

I'm completely sold on road bikes!!! ...God help me!!