Old 11-14-02, 11:57 AM
gpphoto

Bikes: Giant NRS Air

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Kevin S

Would that be http://www.performancebike.com/ ?
It would indeed, Kevin. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Performance has thus far been great at taking back weak product. They'll either let you exchange the item, give you store credit or issue a refund check. Some of Peformance's tech support folks who work at the headquarters in Chapel Hill, NC are avid cyclists. Got an email from one of them this week saying he'd tested the Trail Rat against the Digital Evolution and agrees there is a problem with the Evolution. (he guessed that somehow the circuitry isn't allowing the head to burn at the full 15 watts, as did one of our members here) Tech support invited me to return my Evolution. Previously, I received a full cash refund on a couple of year 2000 Performance brand Dual Pro 32 watt lights (which were great and super bright) that I felt fell apart far too quickly considering their cost. I couldn't find the receipts and was stunned when I received full refund checks in the mail. Very impressive service.

That said, I still like using my small but great local bike shop whenever possible. Sometimes good face to face personal service is worth the few extra bucks you pay by not buying cheapest online. Boycott all jerks, though!

Best,

GP