Old 03-16-12, 03:40 AM
3speed

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
I hope you get your bike back. I second the idea of going to purchase the bike if you track it down again and then ask to take it for a quick test ride. Then have a 2way radio(walky talky) in your cargo pocket or something and push a button to signal your friends to drive up. Proceed to inform said thief that it's your bike and you're taking it back, and if they want to cause a problem then you and your friends would be happy to deal with it, and the thief can feel free to call the police if they feel so inclined. Also make sure you get the thief's license plate number if you don't meet them at their house. Give the police the address/plate number. They probably won't do anything, but still do it if you can.

Originally Posted by roccobike
IF you have proof that the bike was yours, then I don't know what the cops are waiting for. That police statement is totally lame.
That's the police for you. I've seriously heard this exact same type of thing many times. Person has bike stolen, person finds bike, cops say there's nothing they can do. Yay police. Good thing we pay lots of taxes seemingly mostly to keep the streets flooded with cops to pull over regular people in cars doing a few miles over the speed limit...