Thread: Custom Ira Ryan
View Single Post
Old 03-18-12, 06:37 PM
adrien

Bikes: Firefly custom Road, Ira Ryan custom road bike, Ira Ryan custom fixed gear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Custom Ira Ryan

Two years after the idea, and about 20 months after the deposit, it is finally here.

Even with all the reading, the conversations, the agonizing over paint, and details, and steel, and lugs, as well as the usual group set and wheels...I had no idea it would be this wonderful.

This machine cruises happily and supremely comfortably, which is what you get from a careful custom build. But the wild part is how it responds when you hammer it. Always ready RIGHT NOW for anything – sprint, descent, bunny hop, cut-and-thrust; intuitive, immediate. Then when you’re done with that, settles happily back into a cruise. Lively when you want it, but never whippy. I have at least 4 times laughed out loud on this thing, and I haven’t done that on a bike since I was oh, say 12. Just that alone was worth the wait and the investment.

If you have the patience, I highly recommend the full custom approach with a builder who not only speaks to you, but who rides like you do.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
128_5.jpg (100.3 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg
128_4.jpg (103.1 KB, 136 views)