View Single Post
Old 07-24-05, 11:42 PM
CranxOC

Bikes: '04 Specialized Stumpy FSR Pro (Frame and Shock Only)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK, so "they" (I have to admit, I don't know who "they" are but "they" seem to be the source of a lot of information...even if a lot of it's wrong ) say that you're supposed to look for the "silver lining in every dark cloud;" well, I found the silver lining in the dark clouds (or should I say swarms) that are the gnats that hover around my friggin face every time I get onto a long climb and that dark cloud is anger.

Today I was so peeved by the fact that I had a swarm of gnats hovering around my face (which means that I literally inhaled close to 20 of those friggin things - I believe they're growing inside my chest, waiting to pop out like the creatures in the movie "Aliens") and buzzing in my flippin' ears that I wound up climbing one of my semi-regular climbs faster than I ever believe I've climbed it before.

I was trying to get the heck away from the stupid bugs by pedalling faster than they could fly and, in doing so, I wound up blazing the hill.

So, even though gnats are still the second most annoying (the first would be the 10 billion ants that live somewhere under my house who come out to ruin my food every time I think I'm safe ) creatures on the face of the Earth, at least they served some sort of useful purpose on my ride tonight.

BTW, bug spray just seems to attract those little suckers more!

Last edited by CranxOC; 07-25-05 at 11:15 AM.