Telly
What, me worry?

Bikes: Corratec / Jamis

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
A little update...

Didn't manage to clock in 100 miles, but I did manage to ride 60+ miles over difficult hills, narrow roads with plenty of traffic and two ferry crossings! For a first long distance tour and a Clydesdale, I believe that I didn't do too bad! I have to admit though that at one point, after 3/4 of the trip, I couldn't tackle a steep continuous hill and got off and pushed Many thanks to my childhood buddy who road beside me all the way with a Nexus 8- speed trekker!

Me and my bike crossing from the Pireaus to the island of Salamina

My friend and I after having ferried onto the island of Salamina, ridden from one end to the other and just having crossed another ferry to the mainland near the city of Mandra.

Here's a shot that shows the road (bottom road, closest to the seaside) and our destination, the town of Kinetta in the far distance.

..same as above but this time taken from the beach at Kinetta with Athens far beyond view some 50+ km in the distance.

Finally, after all the hills, winding narrow country roads and having crossed two ferries and an island... our destination: Kinetta