View Single Post
Old 03-22-12, 09:44 PM
calamarichris
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 153 Posts
Thanks Cyclepup! Pepper is a lucky fellow!

So glad to see another lucky dog out there enjoying these great bikes. I foolishly loaned my Live 3 to my father and his new dog Rusty, but they love riding around together so much that I don't have the stones to ask for it back.
I was disheartened to learn that Specialized has discontinued this great line of bikes. And then even moreso when I was unable to find a replacement for myself and Angel!

How foolish can Specialized be if they sold every one of these they imported, and no one is willing to sell theirs on Ebay or Craigslist, and they are discontinuing importation of them? I've been searching for another for just under two months, and the closest I was able to find was that Specialized dealerships in Australia still offer them, but they are forbidden by Specialized from sending them to us in the US.

Fortunately my local dealership found and ordered a leftover Live 2 in my size, which we're going to pick up tomorrow. The Live 2 is an identical platform, but with a standard chain drive, rim brakes, and a twist-shifter. I'm going to let Pa & Rusty have first choice of either my used Live 3, or this sparkling new Live 2.

Kudos to you, for having the good taste to scoop up one of these beauties when you could! I can't wait to get Angel back on the road.

She's almost 14 years old now and I think she prefers the bike to themotorcycle.

The color match on the bed was only a happy accident, but I love it that people still pull up next to me at stoplights and say, "Neat that someone finally made a dog bike."