View Single Post
Old 03-24-12, 05:26 AM
ZeRinger
Panasonic Nut

Bikes: 2000 Pinarello Paris | Panasonics: '88 DX-5000 / '88 DX-4000 / '88 MC-5500 (sold) / '86 Team America / '86 Team Japan (2) / '85 Team / '84 DX-4000 (sold) / '91 PR-6000 / '89 PICS Team Custom / '83 AR-6000 Aero / '89 DX-1000 / '89 Team MC Custom (sold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jet sanchEz
Wow, that is nice. Was this bike ever ridden? It looks like it just came out of a box.
Well thank you. Yes, this bike was most definitely ridden. It is actually one of the "rougher" bikes in my collection in terms of the starting condition. When I purchased it (via Craigslist near Indianapolis) it was filthy and had numerous scratches and what not. I paid $250 for the bike and was lucky enough to have my friend's sister living right in that area so she picked up the bike for me and actually brought it to Minneapolis during her next visit. I was very lucky, and as it would turn out my luck would get better.

My friend calls me and tells me that the bike had arrived at his place and that the owner send along some extra parts. Hmmm... ok? When I actually get the bike I'm a bit dismayed to see that the set of Araya Aero clinchers that were on it had actually been drilled out to accommodate schrader valves rather than presta. ARGH! But just then my buddy pulls out an extra set of wheels... literally NOS looking Araya Aero tubulars also with Superbe Pro hubs etc! Problem solved! On top of that, he also had given me some NOS brake hoods, chain rings and down tube shifters. Not a half bad deal in the end.