Old 03-24-12, 08:23 AM
Gazbeast

Bikes: Beone Storm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I declare this thread open again!

This is the exact same thing that I have been suffering with since staring back cycling after a 15 year lay off. I have been extremely confused how only a downhill, or a downstairs walk can cause my quads to lock up and give me so much pain, and as stated in a previous answer, rubbing the affected area only makes it worse. I commute 35 miles a week on the bike with a 40-50 miler chucked in on a sunday at club run pace (slowish). No great efforts on the bike and very little aching afterwards but these downhill episodes have really got to me, causing me to struggle to walk at all for at least 10 mins after an attack and to be in pain for hours after. Having drawn a blank previously I am happy to find that others have experienced the same and it's not just my mind playing silly games with my legs so I can conclude there is a problem and I am not crazy! I will take the above advise regarding streching (something i never do!) and other types of training and hopefully get out more on the bike.

Thanks