Thread: Bianchi Volpe
View Single Post
Old 03-26-12, 10:20 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3870 Post(s)
Liked 2,563 Times in 1,577 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I'm back. You guys talked me into it. A few weeks ago, I put the Volpe on the stand with a feeling of dread, since it had been badly neglected. It turned out that the only thing it really needed was lubrication. Now I've replaced the rear tire and the pedals.

And this bike is amazing. What the heck? What makes this bike so good? It wasn't expensive, even when it was new. This is now my all-purpose bike. I've been riding it over all kinds of roads. I've ridden it at high speed and done stupid things like look backwards while going over terrible potholes. The bike just keeps on going. It is definitely lighter than a Cross Check, and the Bianchi is even larger than the Cross Check.

(In case you didn't notice, I mentioned in another thread that I got my stolen Cross Check back.)

I'm probably going to put fenders on this bike and some sort of bag or rack for carrying stuff. The brakes aren't awesome enough, but I can remedy that by cleaning the rims or changing the brake shoes.
Funny how these things happen... glad it's working out!
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498