Old 03-28-12, 07:36 PM
LemondFanForeve
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pretty Sad Story About 7 Eleven Co & the 7 Eleven Racing team

So out of curiousity, I wrote an email to the 7 Eleven folks, hoping to find out if there was a way i could purchase some old 7 eleven cycling team stuff(adverts/posters/caps/a jersey maybe), and I received an email response stating that they have NOTHING from the team in any sort of archives, which is sad. Such a great team, and a major reason for cycling becoming so popular in the states, and the company seems to not give a crap about preserving it's legacy or its involvement with the team. I'm really disappointed, I get it was awhile ago, and the team is now defunct, but certainly you'd think someone there within the company would've kept some sort of archives, or materials from the team, for a historic/company aspect? Very sad and very disappointing.

Here's the email response i received:

Dear Mr._______

We thank you for your email. In response to your inquiry, unfortunately, we no longer have any of the Sports Marketing promotional items 7-Eleven racing team. I actually worked for the manager that managed the cycling team and there are no archived documents or even the jersey team shirts left from this program. I apologize for the disappointment.

Janey Appia
Manager, Guest Relations

Last edited by LemondFanForeve; 03-28-12 at 08:16 PM.