View Single Post
Old 04-01-12, 08:51 PM
jetta-the-hut

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nymtber
I have an 07 2.5i wagon and set up similar. I have Yakima Railgrab saddles/round bars, and I use RockyMounts Lariat (it was a noose, I converted it) backwards, when I remember to put it on backwards. Putting it pointing forward will not allow the trunk to open very far at all, especially with the spoiler on the back. And, if anyone has seen these wagons without the spoiler, it really adds a LOT to the looks of the car.

I have a second Lariat on the way from Ebay, in Urban camo (it was a good deal...) my original one is red. I could care less about the color, RockyMounts bike racks are solid and well designed.

I do make sure the rear wheel hold down ratchet is securely fixed... but the fork mount will not really let the bike go too far, short of a HUGE bump. If I was to go on a long trip, I would simply add some extra tie downs around the wheel, probably just tightly tied para 550 cord. I also recommend plastic wrap around your handlebars/seat if traveling near dusk. Bugs...!
I have the lariat also but its the limited edition "kona" for the IM race, its pink and white flowers all over it, i'd like to find a blue and white in the "kona" but man I cant even find a camo white and black now.