View Single Post
Old 04-02-12, 11:42 AM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by thinktubes
+1 on part it out. If your friend doesn't do it, the next owner will. Other than the condition, not a very attractive presentation as-is.

Those parts look super-clean and should bring top dollar.

$500-600 for the Campy bits.
$125 for the wheels (sell cassette seperately)
$150-300 for the frame. This type of carbon bonded frames have fallen out of favor.
$30 to $50 for bars+stem
$0 for pedals.
If that is indeed a rebadged Alan "Carbonio" frame (I have my suspicions that it could still be an all aluminum frame (Alan "Record") as there seems to be some finish flaked off the top tube, rught behind the headset showing aluminum maybe nder flat black paint??), it can sell for much more money than you estimated. Carbonios have been going for quite a bit more money out there compared to the all aluminum Record version of the Alan frame. I would say the going price might be more in the $500 - $600ish max. for one in excellent condition. A little more ($700ish max) if it was not rebadged as a Guerciotti (Carbonio fans preferred these bikes more as Alans). IIRC, some newer NOS Alan Carbonio frames have sold over $1K last year at eBay.

Chombi