View Single Post
Old 04-02-12, 04:17 PM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by septacycles
yup... just some sticky crud... I think it was from a sticker. Frame is in great shape and it had the carbon weave patter... which is why I assumed it to be a carbonio rather than the record you mentioned. I saw a few alan carbonio frames for for $400 to $500 on ebay and this frame is clean but its a 60cm so I think we'd have a hard time hittin g the high dollar mark. I'm not sure if my friends want help selling it or if he want to do it him self. But I think it will take some effort parting it out and connecting with the right buyers to maximize the value of the bike and parts. regardless it was cool to see in person.
Prices would surely go up as we really get into the riding season, but very good point sbout the large frame size as there are lots more buyers for 52 to 58 CM frames. 60 isn't really that big yet though, so there is hope.

Chombi