Old 04-03-12, 10:23 AM
pacificcyclist

Bikes: 2012 Masi Speciale CX : 2013 Ghost 29er EBS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by JackE
Wondering if anyone has toured on a Joey as I've not read much about them on this forum. I like the idea of 24" wheels with 1.5" Schwalbe Marathons. I would use use it mainly for tours within Europe combined with my (other) love.......train travel.

Experiences/opinions very welcome.
It's a very unique wheel size, but it has since been defeated by the availability and prominence of other bikes that do not have problems fitting into an airline specific 62" linear inches case like bikes specifically designed with S&S couplers and be able to fit in a specially designed case for travel purposes or 20" folding bikes. Plus the Airnimal Joey was designed as a "travel" fold bike, not quick fold. You said specifically train travel. If you do this a lot, you will be better served with a 24" version bike from Tern where it does quick fold. The Tern Eclipse P9 or S11 would be your choice, though they will only fit in oversized suitcase. However, make sure you understand the trains terms on folded bike size too. With 20" and smaller, you'll have no problems achieving those terms.

Hope this helps.