Old 04-05-12, 05:48 AM
MCFinch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not so much what's it worth ....more what the hell is it???

Hi my name is Mark I have read a lot of articles and chat forums but..............No Joy in ID'ing my frame and forks,

I recently striped the parts from a tatty-ish old bike intending to put the frame and forks and components to one side for some future project.

However I now suspect that it may be a very early bike possibly a Falcon and I may decide to try and restore it.

I was wondering If you might have any advice on how to id the model/date etc.

Distinguishing features : -

Frame number G 20612

Full Wrap around seat stays
Plain-ish but quality lug work
long 40mm dropouts
tourer rear rack mounts
1 braze only (rear mech cable guide located top of tube)
Poss original Red and white paint

The Forks

Are half chromed with a white pin-stripe and have chromed camag stamped drop outs, however they also have signs of metallic blue under the red/ white and I suspect they may not be original to the frame because I can find no trace of blue paint on the frame at all.

Also the lugs on the forks have a fancy heart shape and there is no fanciness or chrome to be seen on the frame itself?

The bike was fitted with Normandy large flange hubs and rigida rims, Sugino Chainset, and BB with Weinnman centre pull brakes and SR champion Bar and stem when i acquired it. but I suspect these components to be later than the frame perhaps added with the forks since I translate most of the component code stamps as dated mid-late 70's.

I really would be so grateful for any advice you can give

Thanks for reading

Cheers Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Falcon.jpg (98.3 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by MCFinch; 04-05-12 at 05:52 AM.