View Single Post
Old 04-05-12, 06:54 AM
leob1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 69 Posts
Interesting ride on the MUP

Got in a ride on the local MUP last night(wearing my 50+ jersey, of course). It's been a while and I wanted to see what was 'new', plug it's traffic free(except for the cross streets) I went a few miles, and at the first cross street I see a 50+ couple, dressed in bike kit, standing by the gate. I carry tools, and I'm a good field mechanic, and a nice guy, so I say Hi, do you need any help? No, have a nice night. I ride a little further, and start to hear a woosh-woosh noise, then feel the back end getting a bit wobble. Didn't want to belive it, but yup, a flat. Good thing I got the stubby wrench for the seat bag. So, I set about fixing the flat. Get all the stuff out of the seatbag, and get start to get the thing fixed. A minute or two goes by, I'm standing there with the wheel off the bike, the tire half off the rim, and the two people I said hello to not 10 minutes before roll right past me, and didn't say a word! Thanks a lot folks! Not more than a minute later, two other people roll past. Again not a word! A minute later, two more guys, roll right by without a sound. WTF?!? You see somebody that could be in trouble, amd you don't say anything? Or am I just a sap for caring about people? I still have a hard time with six people passing somebody with a problem with the bike, and nobody said anything. Good thing it wasn't a serious issue, I'd still be laying there.
BTW, his is the offending nail;

But as always, there is no such thing as a bad ride.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
nail.jpg (80.9 KB, 15 views)