Old 04-06-12, 05:37 PM
cehowardGS
Motorcycle RoadRacer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 12smile
It's interesting that you've been watching the same light.

I did buy it and will buy another today. the vendor is called 'Campingsurvivals' from Brooklyn NY. Arrived quickly but without bubble wrap. the box that held it was tossed into a tyvek envelop and mailed.

I thought it was weird that the same light (w/ cheapo battery and cheapo charger) varied in price from $52 to $95 to $133. That bothered me a little but for 'made in China' the hardware is working well.

I just bought 2 of these chargers
http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/i4charger.html
for $50 W free shipping.

The Sysmax / Nitecore intellicharger i4 version 2 ...well reviewed and I have high expectations.

I will order 4 4seven 26650 batts from Amazon today and we'll see how it goes.

2 of the 3x Cree XM-L lights on the front of the bike...it should be all I need ...97% of my riding is on Minneapolis bike trails (some of the best in the US considering it's winter for 6 months)

The light fits nicely in the hand when it's off the bike and will even go into a jacket pocket...the 18650 lights that use 2-3 cells seem akward in that regard.

Haven't dropped it yet... I 'made offer' on Ebay for $37.99 and it was rejected (that was for the $42.99 version without the charger and battery.

I plan to run 2 of these in addition to my home made 4x Luxeon light (running on 12v) and I have high expectations....will need to be mindful of oncoming cyclists

$42.99 for this light w/ 3 Cree XM-L LED's in a reflector vs buying components (the Cree's on a star are about $10) and I decided to buy the lights instead of building from scratch.

One thing you can't really get from the illustrations is how nicely it fits in the hand. It does come with an adaptor sleeve to use 18650 batts.

I expect 4 26650 batteries will do for this season especially if I click down to medium power which I think triples the runtime..

I'm now looking for just the right 'Flashlight to Handlebar' holder...did a google search for that term and found SEARCHING THE IMAGE RESULTS INSTEAD OF THE WEB RESULTS to be very useful....I would click on an interesting picture of a mount and it would lead me to a webpage.

My summation would be for $43 you can't go wrong. 'Campingsurvivals' got it to me quickly and I think it compares well to lights costing 3-4x as much.

Hope that helps.

I'd like to see a mod that uses this head and an external battery pack.

Eddie
Eddie, thanks for a SUPER REPORT/REVIEW.

Also, I think the sellers are all the same.. They are all in Brooklyn NY.. The one I was going to deal with was hi-tech. The "make offer" is always rejected, and they come back with 1 dollar off. Dam, this flashlight beenz done hit me. I got 3 flashlight on the way and thinking about ordering this one. Judging from the amount of light I am getting from two 18650 torches up front, if you put two of these 3x cree babies up front, that is going to be a "muther" of a light pattern..I seen this on BLF, and they have the badazz Dry along with another 26650 light, and an 18650 light. On the top two lights, they are using the two fish mount, I think they are using that same mount to mout the dry underneath..

You really push me close to pulling the trigger on this light. I was leary, and I wrote them and asked about their return policy. They stated, if something is wrong, they will make it right.

Post up some pictures when you get them mounted.

BTW, I ordered some TF 26650s from DX. I already have a 26650 charger, but might get the one you got listed too.

Again, thanks for the super report/review...