View Single Post
Old 04-07-12, 08:54 AM
jfondren3

Bikes: 2011 Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, so I wanted to go ahead and do an introduction in this forum as I have posted in another thread here but mostly I've jusst been lurking. I have made the decision that for myself, I'm going to work towards becoming car lite finally. I am married and my wife goes to school full time and will graduate next year with a BS in Nursing. I am in the Air Force, and really have no clue as to whether I'm going to stay in or get out or what I really want to do in life other than live and explore. I am only working on making myself car lite right now because my wife does not have an interest in it at all, yet.

As for myself, I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and a 2000 BMW R1100RT motorcycle. I love them both because of their abilities and the adventures that I have with them. I have been commuting mainly on the motorcycle unless I have a lot of gear to bring to work which requires me to use the Jeep. I don't plan on getting rid of either of my vehicles because I will still use them in the future for certain trips. I do love touring by motorcycle, and I love being able to get as far off the beaten path as possible with the Jeep before parking and going even further by foot. I live in south Tampa, so everything is close at hand for me. Door to door, work is only 5 miles away and it actually takes the same amount of time whether I ride my bicycle or drive. Currently I have only one bicycle, a Trek 1.2 (I think) road bike. Originally I bought it because I wanted to get into riding and have only owned mountain bikes in my past. My goal was to get something that I could commute on, but still be able to complete a couple of triathlons on to see if it's a sport that I like. So far I haven't done a single tri, but I will. I know that it probably isn't the best bike in the world for what I use it for, however it fits me perfectly. I am very active as I work out 5-7 days a week, most of the time twice a day as I run in the mornings and lift in the afternoons. Pretty much anything that keeps me outdoors is something that I enjoy. I grew up in southeast Texas camping and riding horses so it's just a part of who I am.

I look forward to this new chapter in life and thanks for all the support that I know this community will give me.

John