View Single Post
Old 07-27-05, 08:07 AM
willtsmith_nwi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roadpig2001
Hate to dig up an old feed but this shoe option was spot on my problem. OK, I am having one hell of a time trying to figure out what to use on what. I am a long time roadie and use speedplays on my road bikes, no problem , very predictable, much power, etc. HOWEVER on the D***
MTB when I use clipless I usually crash on the technical stuff . If I go with platforms my climbing/speed suffers but I like the overall feel . What are most of you riding?
For offroad, the big dogs are Eggbeaters and Time. Everything else has a reputation for clogging in the mud.

I ride mallets and I stay in them 98% of the time. I would only clip out when I was unacustomed to clipping out.

At this point, I think I would rather stay attached to the bike for big crashes. The bike does afford a certain degree of armor.

But if you're used to clipping out of road pedals, you should probably just stay with your clips off-road. No doubt you will have some crashes but ... it goes with the territory. If you can't take it, go back to the road.