Old 04-15-12, 08:09 AM
david58

Bikes: Fuji Cross Comp, BMC SR02, Surly Krampas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheHen
Any day I don't ride, and they are few, is like a lost day. I feel somewhat poisoned if I don't get my "fix", whether on a fixed, tandem or some other steed from the stable. I don't know how you were able to handle twenty-five years without cycling. You must have a much tougher psyche than I do.

By the way, very few folks ride in the rain here in OR either. If there is even a threat of drizzle, roads that I would see thirty other cyclists on in sunshine are completely void of cyclists. Even the in-town bike paths are empty of everything but dogs and puddles. If I do happen upon a cyclist in the rain, he/she is invariably someone from CA for whom the joys of wet riding are still a new-found pleasure. Or maybe they just became addicted to riding while living in a place with 275 days of sunshine like I did and cannot let a bit of water get in the way of a "fix".
Man, our club here is rain or shine. I beg off on the freezing fog days, but a set of fenders for winter rides is required - and I have had some really fun rides in the rain. I usually don't let the rain keep me off my bike for the commute - ice or a rain/wind combo will put me behind the steering wheel, but plain old rain is just, well, plain old rain.

Of my closest riding friends, when it rains I have trouble getting them to go out and ride the road with me - instead, they've packed up their mtbs and have headed for the woods.