Old 04-18-12, 03:37 PM
TomD77

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jim p
It looks like the trail is made up of bike paths along old rail tracks and connected by regular paved roads. It also looks like the trail travels through neighborhoods and parts of towns. If this is the case, is there any problems with dogs and the typical road hazards associated with riding on the country roads?

I like riding with no traffic and no dogs. So if there are sections of the trail that go through the woods away from civilization this would be the sections that I would like to ride. Did you notice any of this type of riding along the trail?
There are no "regular roads" other than crossings anywhere along the trail. Of the close to 100 mile length of the combined Silver Comet and Chief Ladiga, I've ridden most of it and and virtually all of that is "through the woods away from civilization". You do go through the occasional town but still on the dedicated trail. No neighborhoods at all and the only dogs I've seen were on a leash with people on the trail.

Here are a couple of pictures from close to the Atlanta side, they are representative of the trail.