View Single Post
Old 04-23-12, 01:07 AM
pocky

Bikes: '00 Kona Yee Ha, '83 Schwinn World (fix), '96 KHS Montana Descent (w/ RS XC-32), '05 Fort Ro.SLC (totaled), '01 Burley Rumba tandem, '15 Mattioli R1, '14 Nashbar Big Ol' Fat Bike, '96 Fuji Marlboro folder (drops), '04 Jamis Satellite, '04 Giant TCX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtalinm
Much better than the midnight ride. Next time I would wait another half hour or so in Hopkingtonin hopesthat the othercities would have closed the streets.
Much better than the midnight ride? By what standards? The midnight ride was INCREDIBLE this year, and I totally forgot to post about it!

Over 700 people and bikes turned up, including 595 on the Commuter Rail. Here's the final on-train head/bike count tally on Greg's arm:

My friend John and I both did the ride on our 1980's Giant-made Schwinn Worlds, in 52/16 fixed-gear. Including multiple 10-minute stops to help fix peoples' broken-down rides, including a chain that kept locking up, a pair of stem shifters whose bolt had come off, and some very underinflated tires, the trip took 1:40 , and subtracting the stops, this should have been at most 1:15 of straight riding, or 21mph avg.

For a very entertaining perspective from someone who did the ride (slowly!) on a Hubway bike, read here: http://digboston.com/experience/2012...hon-ride-2012/
I too ate the bacon!

Last edited by pocky; 04-23-12 at 01:46 AM.