Old 07-28-05, 07:52 PM
baxtefer
Cornucopia of Awesomeness

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghost_of_53-11
Bianchi Pista gives you much better parts than the IRO and costs $100 less. It actually has a Dura Ace cog too. Not to mention you buy it at your local LBS instead of being a mail order bike.
I'd say that the parts spec is comparable, with the edge maybe going to IRO for the wheelset. When it comes to the cheap stem/headset/bb/seatpost/saddle that come on either of them ,there isn't much of a differnecee. Tony ships his bikes with Soma cogs which, admittedly aren't as nice as DA, but aren't exactly stamped POS-es. Oh, and the IRO is the same price as the Pista. both are $550 MSRP. (yeah, yeah, shipping, but that might offset the cost of taxes if you're ordering out of state)

The reason he can offer a 50% replacement policy is probably because he is making bucks on each sale.

Even when he sells them for 50% ($300) he still is probably making some money. Bike should really be $400-$450 instead of $600.

I'm not impressed with his stuff. Sorry.
With the bulk discounts and volume prices Bianchi gets from manufacturers, you could say the same thing. But you don't see them offering a no-questions-asked crash repolacement policy do you?
You don't think he should make money?

You'll get more street props though with the IRO I guess. You can be an anti-hipster hero that way.
nice troll.