Old 04-26-12, 08:36 AM
bitsandpieces

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a bike. What is it? What do i need to fix it?

I had to post more pics in a reply farther down the replies due to the ten pic limit. I believe the schwinn is dead on. Would the serial number have been on the bottom bracket? I do notice some scrapes or something on the non drive side that you can somewhat make out in the pictures.
If so, i hope theres enough there to make it out. I tried finding a number before i bought it but didnt want to linger all day and someone else grab it to. Here is pictures of how they butchered the crank that was on it when i bought it. The shimano hyperdrive was on it also. They ground into the crank arm to make the hyperdrive clear in the tallest gear. Im sure on of them are not original. The shifters are shimao sti as mentioned below. you guys are awesome! Thank you for the information!

I bought this bike at the flea market. It appears to be a well made aluminum frame. It looks like a cannondale, but also schwinn, raleigh, and a general i found. The cable holders are all riveted in. There is no typical seat clamp or a slot cut into the frame. The clamp is built into the seatpost. The bridge in the bottom of the frame stays right in front of the rear wheel is flat. Ill let pictures explain. Im pretty sure it has a very well done rustoleum paint job on the frame. The fork is original black paint with gold splatter. Ive been searching th net for a month going through pictures and cant find a single bike without the seatclamp like mine.

Problem is, someone had put a shimano hyperdrive front deraileur on it. It doesnt fit. They ground into the crank to make it clear and the cable guide dont seem to be long enough. The cable is rubbing the frame and cutting in. I really like this bike and i refuse to rig stuff up to make it work like they did. There apears to be no serial numbers at all. Im going to strip the paint to see if its under there. I just need to find out how to fix the cable problem before i rebuild it. Sorry for my picture quality . At least they arent cell phone pictures! Thank you for any and all help!
this first pic is the problem area

Last edited by bitsandpieces; 04-27-12 at 12:22 AM. Reason: added more pictures