treidm
Reid

Bikes: 2012 TREK 7.2FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Camilo
Reid, before you go to that much effort, I hope you do go back to the local shop and see if they can actually adjust the brakes properly. I'd even go so far as to ask for the owner/manager and/or an actual mechanic to help me instead of the sales guy if that's who you've been dealing with. Like someone else said, bike shops are full of people who really don't know much, but there's almost always someone there who does. I'd go through the effort and give them another chance because it sounds like a significant effort for you to shop elsewhere. And, if you do find someone who can actually help you, in the future you'll know just to deal with them instead of the know nothings.
It is a small town shop with just a few employees
I have dealt most with the number 2 mechanic/salesman
On another visit dealt with the head mechanic/salesman also
On another visit I dealt with the owner/salesman also
On the other occasion I dealt with just a young salesman
That covers the four days I spent down there
Each day I was there for at least 2 hours, 4 hours one day, but that was when I was testing different bikes, then I finally got fitted for the 7.2FX
There is no one there above the head mechanic, that I can deal with on this issue
He said the same thing about moving levers is the only way to help

I get the feeling they do not want to go much further talking about this issue with me as they have made it clear, they cannot be adjusted the way I want and what they will do is move the levers an inch in for me.

Is there a certificate I should be looking for to know a mechanic is certified or licensed?
If so, what is it's acronym?

Regards, Reid