View Single Post
Old 04-29-12, 08:06 AM
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by NOS88
Just to be clear here. When we use the term “local” business, I think we need to come to some agreement as to what constitutes such an entity. . .
1. Pacific Coast cycles, Oceanside CA. Wholly owned by Chuck and his Wife Jackie, who are usually the only employees, except when Chuck gets to busy building custom bikes.

2. Bicycle Wherehouse, San Diego, Oceanside, and I believe two other locations. It's growing, but started locally in SD.

3. Performance Bicycle, Pretty big chain in Southern CA. The manager of the local store acts like he wants my business, and the locals who work there (except the one guy I have come to avoid) are friendly and helpful. It is also closest to my home.

4. Jax Bikes, Long Beach and others throughout S. CA. Was my goto store when I was at school at CSULB. They've grown and now their Irvine store is closest to where I commute to work.

I determine local based on my own perceptions preferences and values. Your results may vary.