View Single Post
Old 04-30-12, 05:14 AM
Fishrising

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks all for the feedback! It's greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by mtalinm
max hr = 221? holy cow!
Not too sure I trust the recorded max hr., every ride of mine has a max that seems completely out of whack.

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
skip the booze the night before too if you're concerned.
I'll admit it, I had 2 beers the night before. Next time, I'll pass on them...

Originally Posted by paisan
Headaches could be a sign of dehydration. You should be sipping water/liquids throughout your rides from start to finish and not waiting until your thirsty.
Originally Posted by chefisaac
Make sure to dial into pre, during and post ride nutrition. All important. When riding, try to eat and drink something little every 15 minutes which will help your energy level and also cut down on how tired you are at the end of the ride plus the headache MIGHT be from lack of hydration (just a thought).
I definitely was not sipping through out. I would say I was lucky to take a big drink every 45 minutes or so. I only ate twice on the ride as well, once about 1hr 20min into it, and a second time about 2hr 45min in. Breakfast may have been an issue too. I only ate my typical breakfast, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with Sunbutter and sugar free jelly. Probably should have ate more. Thinking back I definitely did not hydrate enough on the days leading up to the ride.

Live and learn! Thanks!