Old 05-06-12, 11:20 PM
Ekdog

Bikes: Brompton M6R, mountain bikes, Circe Omnis+ tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bjjoondo
Too be very honest, we are not GREEN, in the least although we get "accused" all the time, "because we ride bicycles" rather than own a car! We live in a one bedroom apt. so we don't use a much utilities as a "house owner", we bicycle, use the city bus, (runs on propane), we don't recycle but give all our alum. cans to a guy who normally digs them out of the trash.I like "pavement" over dirt so that, I'm sure makes the GREEN folks hate me. We don't have a car cause we want a LIFE and our car expenses were, SUCKING the life out of our meager finances and making us feel TRAPPED. LOL, the other day, I was in a conversation and some lady was "bragging" about how GREEN she was cause see drove a Toyota Prius Hybrid. I told her, hey my hybrid is WAY greener than yours, of course it's a bicycle!
How sad! You seem to think that trying to tread lightly and making an effort to leave the next generation with an environment that supports life (that's what being green means to me) is something to be ashamed of--an accusation you must defend yourself against. If someone called me green, I'd be flattered.