Old 05-08-12, 01:47 AM
veryredbike
Grumpy Young Coot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MassiveD
My point was just to the question of what is acceptable void wise. There is a whole other quality or skill side to the thing. You should be able to fill the lug at least the areas that have close contact.

There is also a process aspect, are you drawing the filler in from different directions and getting and air lock.

Another way of looking at it is that if you are using the lugs that have holes and are missing 75% of their surface area already, then you don't want to have voids to boot. Sorta depends on your baseline.
Gotcha, yeah, I see what you mean. I'm only introducing filler from one side of the lug. Is air lock what it sounds like (trapping bubbles of air so that you can't fill)?

I'm using the slant six lugs for the final thing, and won't be carving anything into them, so I should have a lot of surface area.

Basically you're saying that there are situations where small voids won't compromise the structure, but there are a lot of other variables that go into it, so you can't wave a magic wand and say "your voids are forgiven"? ;-) Plus, they can indicate flaws in procedure that can cause other issues.