Bike Forums - View Single Post - Polishing chrome, tips etc
View Single Post
Old 05-11-12, 01:52 AM
Binxsy

Bikes: 79 Peugeot UO8, 89 Peugeot Triathlon, 170$ Possibly a Raliegh Cross bike that I can kick your ass on...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rootboy View Post
I love beating dead horses but speaking only for my posts, I was responding to posts other than the OP's. He's probably long since given up on the horse beaters, put his bike back together and is riding happily along.

Its a 73 world tourer.. Anyways I gave it the ole buffing wheel and polish a go in a couple places and it cleaned it up a bit...But not as I would like it. I tried so super low grit sandpaper in a very tiny spot on the underside of one of the stays and it still didnt do much. Anyways there are a few rust specks here and there and there was some wheel rub in the chain stays. So I might just go the painted route.. Ill post some pictures soon, I wish I was riding it though, I just found the correct FD for it and I want to get rid of the nasty loose bearing headset with a VO probably. It was a well cared for bike I snagged it from the COOP I work at for 50$ only thing it didnt have was the original FD which I later found in a bucket of parts..