Old 05-13-12, 06:29 PM
CommuterRun
Conservative Hippie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nd2010
Today I was riding and I saw a car pulled over on the shoulder with a flat tire. Luckily the car had a jack and tire iron in the trunk, and I knew how to change a flat tire. The driver didn't know how to change a flat tire, and she was grateful that I had stopped and changed her tire. I didn't expect anything in return. I turned down her offer of a ride to my destination 15 miles up the road, because I wanted to ride my bike there.

Most car drivers would not stop for a car stranded on the side of the road, but a bike rider can't miss an "obstacle" in the shoulder, and it's easier for a bike to stop and help. When I'm on my bike, I tend to stop every time I see a car pulled over on the side of the road and ask if they're ok.
I stopped for a broken down p/u truck just the other day to see if there was anything I could do, but one of the guys was already on his cell phone for a pick up.

I once stopped for a broken down dump truck. The driver thought me asking if he needed a tow was pretty funny.

I've learned to not stop on the side of the road for anything around here. I don't have to sit long before someone will be stopping to ask if I need a ride.

Last edited by CommuterRun; 05-13-12 at 06:32 PM.