Old 05-14-12, 09:57 AM
sk8brdkd

Bikes: 1998 Schwinn Mesa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for a New Bike Specific for my needs>

Hi everyone i'm new to this forum and was just looking for some feedback or suggestions on a new bike. I currently own a 1998 Schwinn Mesa. I ride that bike everyday. I have a medical condition and biking never used to bother me until about a month ago. I cannot walk far with my problem which is why i always bike for exercise and thats how i "walk" my dog --

Anyways i'm starting to look for a new bike, one that is lighter and easier to pedal then my current bike. I don't know where to start looking though bc there are hundreds of different bikes out there and I don't know much about bikes or what to look for in a bike.

Last summer, I upgraded the tires on my Schwinn bike from mountain bike tires to more like road tires - w/ much less tread but, the tires are still wide enough but less friction allowing me to pedal more easily but, it's not good enough.

My price range is btwn 400-800 dollars though, if it's an excellent bike, i'd be willing to pay up to $1,000 for one.

I just need a bike that is extremely easy to pedal as the medical problem i have is in my legs/feet. I bike ride often. I bike 3 times a day w/ my dog and i go on several long bike rides a month but, right now, i need a better bike.

I'd appreciate any feedback/suggestions you may have or even if you give me good bike brands/models that will fit my price range/specifications.