Old 05-14-12, 03:33 PM
AMFJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My GF has a Cannondale Synapse and we took off her factory wheels and put on a pair of psimet's I had. She won't give them back. She didn't think it would make a difference, but she loves them. She said they made her bike ride smoother and she is definitely faster than she was.

Some of that has to be the wheels/tires because she isn't riding any more than she ever has (meaning she rides rarely). There isn't a placebo effect because she has no clue what those wheels cost or who psimet is--and doesn't care. They were the wheels I took off my bike to put on 50mm Boyd wheels.

I think wheels make a big difference. Whether that difference is a positive or negative depends on the wheel. So even for a beginner rider, I think you will notice a difference in good wheels. I've only been riding for about 3 years and have two bikes and three sets of wheels. I can tell a difference in all 3 sets. Factory Giant Defy wheels, aluminum Psimets, and the carbon Boyds. They all ride totally different. Unfortunately, wheels cost so much you can't just buy everything and test. You end up taking a leap of faith. If you don't like something, you can sell it but you are going to lose some money doing it.

If you can get psimet to return you email--I would definitely see what he can do for you. If you can't, Boyd Wheels are also very nice. I have Boyd wheels because I gave up after about a year of trying to buy a second set from psimet. Don't get me wrong, I like the Boyds (I like them more after every ride), but I really like the psimets (and they are heavier than the Boyds).

I'd also like to try some zipps, but that price makes my wallet cry.