View Single Post
Old 05-15-12, 08:33 AM
cmolway
on a road near you...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ignored the threats of rain and T-storms and rode about 95 miles yesterday. The day started with a 35 miles pre-work workout, getting in as many miles as I could while the weather held. It sprinkled off an on but not enough to stop and don a rain jacket (though I was glad for the race-blade fender I stuck on my bike before I left). Rode my usual training loop from Melrose up through Lynnfield/Peabody/North Reading and back into Boston, By lunchtime the sun had apparently decided to come out so I left a little early and headed from Boston out to Bedford and rode the CRW TGIF loop (about 30 miles) through Carlisle and Westford. Had to stop and peel layers off since I had planned on riding in the cold and wet only to find it sunny and humid. With the ride back home through Lexington and Winchester, I finished at about 60 for the afternoon. I was planning on a quick 5 mile loop to round out an even hundred for the day but deteriorating weather, the two PB&bananna sandwiches and bowl of cereal as my only fuel for the day (besides the quick snickers from a convenience store at mile 90 that saved me from a full-on bonk) said otherwise. As I was putting the bike away the sky opened up and started raining buckets. Couldn't have been better timed.