View Single Post
Old 05-15-12, 10:59 AM
slowwwride

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another Schwinn

Hello to everybody on this forum. After an hour and a half of trying to figure out how old this bright red Schwinn beach cruiser is, I am seeking your help. I recently came into possession of this cool cruiser at a garage sale for 50 bucks. The person that sold it to me didn't know anything about it other than she herself bought it second hand. I do not care what it is worth, as I plan to fix it up and ride it. My father used to own one that was very old and I have fond memories of growing up on it. Alas once I was away in college he got rid of it because nobody had touched it in years. My father is not the sentimental type lol. My father's had Schwinn on the chain guard, but this one's is plain white. It may have been replaced at some point. Anyway, here are some pictures to help. The tires are flat and there are cob-webs all over it, but I think it's ride-able once a shop goes over it and the front reflector is replaced. I do not know anything about bicycles but I suspect it's a newer bike-- maybe like a vintage re-issue or something. The serial number is in the picture. It is located under the crank-case (I think that's what that's called). The paint is ok and there's definitely some wear. I've tried figuring out Schwinn serial numbers but their whole system seems terribly confusing, and to add insult to injury the Internet seems full of conflicting information. The bicycle in the background is a Miyata Sports Model from 1979 I suspect. I also got that recently. Thank you in advance for all of your help and opinions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (98.3 KB, 10 views)
image (3).jpg (95.8 KB, 14 views)
image (1).jpg (94.8 KB, 11 views)