Old 05-17-12, 07:20 PM
Scaliboy62

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for chiming in Eauque with your Prodeco experiences. I like the idea in theory of the tires having more air then 40 lbs. I wouldve thought the tire & or tube would maybe blow though @ 70 but you seem to have proven that wrong, I may try 50 bs. I agree though you get better mileage with harder tires. I cant see going rigid on the front end, so many freaking bumps where I ride & live, maybe upgrade one day if the stock front end gives me problems .
I've got 77 miles on mine so far The derailleur needs adjustment already { this is prob. normal readjustment interval **but second gear is making noise .
I've got a tip, lose the trycycle kids toy bell that came installed on the bike, they must of included that POS for insurance or Legal reasons but it's a joke. I today installed an air horn bought from Amazon.com, things rechargable with a schrader valve , holds 100 lbs PSI & is 110 decibels loud ! Sounds like a Ford F250 horn but louder, clean installation 25 bucks { I forgot the brand name ** made in France I think.,
Also another tip , with the Battery's built in tail light ..4 times I've accidentlly flicked the switch to the on position, the location of the switch & the type of switch is easily turned on by accident. If you ride the bike to work & accidentlly leave the light on all day you may run out of juice perematurely on your way home. Also I wonder how much energy does that tail light use up ? Anyone know ?
I'm liking my purchase too after some earlier issues although minor. It takes a while to get the feel of these bikes, they have a unique character or feel of the road, they kind of sail a little for the lack of a better term but they are predictable & the brakes are excellent, stops on a dime & gives you change. Time will tell how well it holds up.
Also I dont feel any excessive drag from the rear wheel on mine, the bike coasts really well, as matter of fact I'm impressed how easy it is to pedal it with power turned off like a regular bike, feels light & i get the sense it wouldnt be a big deal to ride a few miles without power if I ran out of juice one day, much better in this sense then my mountain bike with a kit i had last.
I hope they come up with a 12 or even 14 AH battery for this thing, I'd be interested in that upgrade ..

Last edited by Scaliboy62; 05-17-12 at 08:58 PM.