Old 05-22-12, 12:26 PM
Standard Issue

Bikes: 89 Bianchi Campione d'Italia upgraded with 10 speed Ultegra/105, '92 Trek 1100 8 speed, bar end shifters

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've yet to spill on my SPDs. Part of the reason is I feel it would leave me with a permanent disability. Also. I'm not interested in an achey bone notifying me every time it's about to rain. I've had a couple close calls, though.
One last week when we set off to late and ended up riding home in the dark. I didn't see the gooden gate clocking cars from turning onto the bike path until I was about 3 feet away from it. Luckily I avoided it and my natural spastic flail happened to match the motion required to unclip. I survided that incident but had a closer call when I was riding along a road, lost focus for one second and found myself in the grass on the side of the road heading toward a shallow ditch with tall grass veiling what deadly obstacals might be at the bottom. Luckily I was able to slow down without loosing control and remembered to unclip just before I came to a stop again, avoiding a life altering incident.