Old 05-22-12, 01:10 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by PhotoJoe View Post
I don't know people ages here, but to date myself, I rode a LOT in high school. This was before "clipless" pedals. We wore hard soled shoes that had a groove cut in the bottom. That grove dropped over the trailing edge of platform pedals, then the to strap locked your foot in. There was no unclipping. You had to unstrap. If you had the strap tight enough, and you didn't unstrap, your foot was NOT coming out of that cage, no matter what. I never toppled, but my friend/riding partner fell over behind me quite a bit. It stopped surprising me after a while.
My Trek 500 (1983) had the type of pedals that used that sort of road shoe/clip. I never had bike shoes until after I moved to California and I got a pair to wear while riding. I rode the SGRT back in 1989-1993 when I had those shoes. And so I know what you are talking about. Guess that tells you a bit how old I am. Ha Ha Ha....

I also NEVER fell over EVER on that bike clipped in or not.

Last edited by Beachgrad05; 05-22-12 at 01:11 PM. Reason: added something I forgot to say.