View Single Post
Old 05-22-12, 10:31 PM
calamarichris
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 270 Times in 153 Posts
Originally Posted by sevenmag
When I got close to him he launched and somehow got directly in front of me and seemed to stop. It's hard to say really other than I wound up T-boning him at 20+. The dog ran under a house and disappeared, I guess he changed his train of thought after taking a shot like that in the ribs.
Rectum? Darn near killed 'em!
Sorry, couldn't resist. I hope you end up owning the house that dog ran under. And if you get the dog in the settlement, you'll probably keep him leashed. The owner deserves to be dogless and homeless. Might sound harsh, but you could have ended up in a wheelchair or worse. No excuse.
I've run into a few Deliverance dogs; best approach is to remove eye protection, regulate speed based upon position of the dog, and say the word NO in your most authoritative, Drill Sergeant Hartman voice. I've saved my own skin a few times, and at least two dogs' lives.

Last edited by calamarichris; 05-22-12 at 10:36 PM.