K'Tesh
Commander, UFO Bike

Bikes: Giant, Trek

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CB HI
I appreciated the PMed e-mail address, but sadly it will take someone on Maui to get any action done. Once the contact finds out I am on Oahu, he will just blow it off. Plus my plate is pretty full trying to keep city and state on Oahu from painting anymore dangerous bike lanes and getting an old road converted to a bike path. I hope someone from Maui has or will take the issue up. I have only been to Maui for work a couple of times the last couple of years, last week being the most recent.

Right now HDOT Maui is ass deep in a collapsing highway along the beach a few miles north of the tunnel. As I passed by, I saw the remnants of a 3 car pile-up in the construction zone.

You sound like you're pretty up on Maui county news. I bet that HDOT wouldn't be too put out by a request for safety improvements no matter where they came from (Hell, I even sent them a quick email about this issue). That, and a collapsing highway vs a simple electrical fix requires different personnel to fix.

What's the harm in trying (or passing the email address of Ferdinand Cajigal or the rest of HDOT to a local) Cuz?

BTW... My 1st language was Pidgin.

Me And My First Bike at our house on Kiapapau loop, Hauula, Oahu, Hawaii 1972 (Facing Makai)

Last edited by K'Tesh; 05-29-12 at 06:25 AM.