Old 05-29-12, 02:36 PM
mavic517
mavic517

Bikes: vitus & raleigh pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You are correct. The original Delr (novo recorded died). Now it has a Shimano XT Deore. I have replaced the original freewheel w/ one that suits a man of 63yrs old. The original rear rim with the campy hub was replaced. I got hit from behind & it trashed the rear rim, including the hub. I found a Deore hub matched to a mavic open pro rim for a replacement. When I purchased the bike, the original campy brake levers had been replace with Weinmen brake levers, that being done because the widow wanted to ride the bike and wanted the "sissy brake extensions". I got the campy brake levers w/the purchase of the bike, and sold them on ebay. The crank (novo record), bottom bracket & campy pedels are orignal. The front wheel still has the campy hub. When I got hit from behind, the rear rack stays put a small ding in one of the seat stays. I have noticed no difference in performace. I'm telling you, this frame was built rock solid. It has a TTT stem (very short) & TTT bars. Again, the widow was small, needed a new stem.....I don't know what the orginal stem and bars were. The bike was orginally purchased by a bicycle shop mechanic, then it was sold to the widows husband. I knew the mechanic, then he purchased a Colonago (sweet). Its still a "sweet ride", bearing in mind it is Reynolds 531 steel tubing. I just love steel, it springs over bumps, sometimes alittle ridgid (lower tire pressure, solved). I owned a litespeed TI & still have my old Vitus 979 (great bike, 46cm. I'm 5foot 4 inches). The Vitus is a "smooth" ride, you can ride it for hours. The Raleigh is/was a great frame. I love them both. Steve Holcomb: hohobike1@aol.com

Last edited by mavic517; 05-29-12 at 02:39 PM. Reason: more info